Pregnancy can be an amazing experience. Pregnancy starts from the time you first learn of a new life growing inside of you till the time you meet your little one for the first time. It definitely has its ups and downs, but ultimately all women want to provide a safe environment for their baby to develop in, during and after pregnancy. However some moms forget to take care of her own needs.
How you take care of yourself effects your baby in and outside the womb.
Pregnancy Do’s and Don’ts
- Do moderate exercise regularly in your second and third trimesters.
- Don’t do vigorous exercises like tennis or running, too much jerking or bouncing is not good for the baby, especially in the first trimester. Instead try exercises like walking, swimming or yoga.
- Do eat a variety of foods during pregnancy to get all the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs.
- Don’t over indulge on junk foods. Sugary and salty junk foods do not provide any nutrients for you or your baby. Grab foods that are nutrient rich like fruits and vegetables along with nuts, seeds, protein and calcium rich foods.
- Do drink plenty of water and fluids to stay hydrated during pregnancy.
- Don’t drink too many sodas and caffeinated drinks. Caffeine has a diuretic effect and can interfere with absorption of fluids and nutrients during pregnancy. Soda has a lot of sugar and can contain caffeine.
Sign up for a prenatal class and learn how to prepare your body for pregnancy and learn how to transition from pregnancy to mom. Topics cover stages of pregnancy, nutrition, exercise, emotional support and transitioning to motherhood.
Workshop schedule May 7th and May 21st from 1-3pm
May 7th is the Prepare Right Now prenatal workshop and focuses on the stages of pregnancy, exercises for an easy birth and natural remedies for common pregnancy issues.
May 21st is the Eat and Live Right Now Prenatal workshop and will focus on nutrition and transitioning to motherhood. Learn how to gain the right amount of weight, what foods build better brains, learn how ask and accept help and tips for bonding with your baby.
Classes are $25 for each includes a book to take home and snacks provided. They will be held at Blume Yoga and Wellness, 1540 Hwy 138 Suite 3C Conyers Ga. 30013 For more info contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org